2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?no. I wanted to watch a different foreign film every week and I got bogged down with too much work (between two jobs) and just didn't have the time to sit down and do that. I'd like to try read more this year (actual books, not just comics), I'd like to watch more educational television (maybe one hour a week from Discovery or History Channel and such). I'm also starting the year with whiter teeth (I bought some Crest Night Effects at BJ's yesterday and will be starting them tonight.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?not really.
4. Did anyone close to you die? a close friend of the family. My aunt's best friend's mother, Harriet. Also Autumn, my dearest of my kitties.
5. What countries did you visit? Canada!
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?Sirius At Home Docking Station at my computer. A different President. More time spent with friends. A pizza at Giordano's (in Chicago).
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?no specific dates.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?probably my directorial debut.
9. What was your biggest failure? hydroplaning into a huge puddle with my Saturn.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? no.
11. What was the best thing you bought?hmm...toss up between the second TiVo and the Sirius radio in Paul's car (okay, so PAUL bought those, but whatever).
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?many of my friends. Terri always keeps my laughing. The "Eat This" dinner group: Shawn, Dawn, Kim, Andrea, Chris, Paul and I always have great monthly celebrations. Kris and Becky being so gracious and allowing us into their homes every week for board game night.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? the customers at the store during this holiday season. I've never really worked in retail before (I worked in video RENTAL) so didn't see this behaviour before. The need to go into debt to prove that you love someone.
14. Where did most of your money go?gas for the car, food in my belly and comic books.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?Third Fridays in Millville (especially when Rita's "In Progress..." Studio features "artist trading cards", "Othello" (we pulled that off with just two and a half weeks of rehearsal, and I got some of the best reviews of my (amateur) acting career), "On Tidy Endings" (I also got some great personal notices on my debut), dinners out with "Eat This".
16. What song will always remind you of 2003? "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence (I played that album like CRAZY this year)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: i. happier or sadder? ii. richer or poorer? 1. Happier and 2. Richer. I'd like to think that we are a little more stable this year than we were last year at this same time.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Spent more time with my Aunt, had more time to spend in the pool this summer, seen more movies at the Ritz
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Dealt with asshole customers, dealt with asshole community theatre people and the associated politics (of course, none of the people involved with either "Othello" or "On Tidy Endings" would be included in this), drove fast (got stopped twice by cops...in the same night).
20. How will you be spending Christmas? We spent it at the Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ. Had a private party with the Transducers. Dance floor, DJ booth, BIG screen with "visualisations", "snow" special effect on the dance floor, great people, lots of laughing.
21. What about New Year's? .. Again with the Transducers, this time at Shawn's house. I'm cooking "empanadas" (though they are more puff pastry by the recipe I'm using)...the original recipe calls for pork sausage, but I'm substituting portabello mushroom for Andrea (she's a vegetarian), Shawn's running his new bar that he built this year (in his den), I'm sure it will be swanky and fun.
22. Did you fall in love in 2003? I've been since 1992
23. What was your favourite TV program? Honestly? I think "Joe Schmoe"
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Ooh...hate is such a strong word. But, yeah. Lisa Chappius. I can't believe she turned out to be such a bitch (she's one of the people from Cumberland Players and she's really gotten nasty to those of us who've gone on to work at other groups.). I've grown to have a serious dislike for Big Al (my former business partner) after watching him disintegrate (he ended up in jail twice for breaking his restraining order from his girlfriend, he's lost jobs at bars for being disruptive...he started a brawl at one place, I also suspect he's been using coke)...
25. What was the best book you read? _The Lovely Bones_ by Alice Sebold, _Harry Potter and Order of the Phoenix_ by J.K. Rowling, _Biting the Sun_ by Tanith Lee, _Almost French_ by Sarah Turnbull, and _Lamb_ by Christopher Moore
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Evanescence, Fountains of Wayne, New Found Glory, Fiction Plane, the Bens, Patti Zlaket
27. What did you want and get?a job, assorted DVDs, JLA/Avengers drawn by George Perez
28. What did you want and not get? a trip to WDW
29. What was your favourite film of this year? I'd have to say my favorite independent film was "American Splendor" (though "Thirteen" is a close second). Meanwhile, the film that gave me the biggest thrill was "Finding Nemo"
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 36 and Paul and I went to Baltimore to explore the aquarium (one of my favorite places) and ate at the Cheesecake Factory
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? more full-frontal male nudity.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003? t-shirts and jeans.
33. What kept you sane? Comics, MTV's Real World (at least I'm not as bad an Ugly American as THOSE kids), Livejournal,
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? uh...hmm...Wes on "Boy Meets Boy" or Kyan and Thom on "Queer Eye"
35. What political issue stirred you the most? Gay marriage
36. Who did you miss? As always: my grandmother and Michael (though I did get to read his LJ and talk to him on the phone). Stir in: Michaela, Irene, Terri (I didn't spend nearly as much time with her as I'd like), Aunt Bette, Autumn
37. Who was the best new person you met? LIVE: Jacqui Hair! Via LJ: Kevin (Duran) Kelly
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003:Keep your eye on the speedometer and use the cruise control.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "i won't be broken again/i've got to breathe i can't keep going under" - Going Under - Evanescence