Highlights for me:
1) the Balloons: Buzz Lightyear, Kermit the Frog, Pikachu, Ronald McDonald (I know it's a shill, but it was humongous and on the plus side they did mention the Ronald McDonald House charity which is a great cause), the Smurf, Snoopy, Pikachu, Spongebob and Shrek
2) the performances: the Awesome Original Second Time Arounders were fantastic and better than some of the "celebrity guests". I also want to give props to the Special Needs Colorguard for showing their spirit! But as far as the "celebrities" go, I'll admit that the only one I watched in through their WHOLE song was Miley Cyrus. Cute song. I also very much enjoyed the cast of Hair (again the only cast I watched the WHOLE song of). I did think it strange when the Sesame Street characters were singing a song by the "Kids From Fame" and I already knew about the "Rick roll", so that wasn't anything great (though I'm sure that if I'd watched it live, I would have thought it adorable).
Lowlights for me:
1) the Balloons: Beethoven (the dog, not the composer - do kids even know who this was besides it being a dog?), the Energizer Bunny (yes, still a shill, but I'm unhappy with this one for not floating), and Dora the Explorer (annoying as hell cartoon character!)
2) floats: the Hirajaku Girls and the Princess Academy thing...
3) the performances: Who the hell are Charise, the Clique Girlz, Push Play? There was another boy band that performed whose names aren't even listed on the Macy's website...I've only been gone from the FYE for three months...I've NEVER heard of these people. NEVER did I make labels, shelve or sell any of these people to the best of my knowledge! Meanwhile...I nearly fell out of my chair when Andy Williams "sang", 'cause I didn't even know he was still ALIVE! The casts of Little Mermaid, South Pacific and especially White Christmas were WAY too saccharine for me (though it was nice that they featured bare hairy chested men singing for South Pacific). I didn't even BOTHER watching "in the heights" and was disappointed that though we had a Shrek balloon, there was no performance from that show! I even fast-forwarded through both Elphaba and Galinda...Idina's "new" album she was shilling came out WAY back in January and was a snooze-fest and I just wasn't feeling the Christmas song that Kristin_Chenoweth was singing (maybe because of the added treacle of the care bears being on her float). David Archuleta looked like he needed a tissue and a lozenge...luckily he was lip-synching!